WALS 2021 in HK and Macau
Downloadable Convention Registration Form
Please find below the registration form in Word format. You can use this if you are having difficulty using Google Form.
Please download the form and fill it out, and together with the scanned copy of your receipt, email it to email@example.com.
If you intend to pay on the day of the convention (11 April 2019), please bring the filled out form with you to speed up the registration process.
Thank you and see you at the convention.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
We encourage participants who are practitioners and researchers of lesson study to communicate and share their work in poster form. These works may include information about their lesson study works in schools or districts, research lessons, or research on lesson study.
In order for your poster to be considered for display during the two-day lesson study convention, you will need to submit an abstract describing what your poster is about and what you intend to communicate in the poster.
Authors submitting abstracts for the poster presentation should consider the following:
- The accuracy of the submitted abstract is the responsibility of the authors. Authors should proofread their abstracts prior to submission.
- The abstract should not be more than 300 words.
- Notifications of receipt and acceptance of abstract will be sent to the communicating authors.
- All presenters must pay the registration fee for the conference.
- If an abstract is accepted and the presenter does not register, the abstract will be withdrawn.
The deadline for submission is 25 March 2019.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- The posters will be exhibited on 11-12 April 2019.
- The maximum recommended size for the poster is 4 feet (height) by 3 feet (width).
- The registration staff will indicate the poster display area. Each presenter will be assigned a number corresponding to designated display board.
- Posters should be set up in the morning of 11 April 2019 before the Opening Program or during breaktime. It should be removed immediately after the Closing Program.
- At least one author must be present during the poster viewing.
- The poster should meet the following criteria:
- The poster should include the following: title, name and affiliation of the authors with the name of the corresponding presenter underlined.
- The title should be the same as in the submitted abstract.
- The text should be in a large enough font size (20 point) to be read easily from a ( 4 ft), single spaced. It should also be concise enough to be read within 10 minutes.
- Section headings should be at least 36 point font size, boldface.
- Illustrations (photos, charts, graphs, etc.) and tables with proper legends and labels should be visible from a distance (around 5 x 7 feet).
- The poster should be displayed in a logical sequence (introduction/rationale development/content, conclusion).
- Although not required, presenters may bring printed copies of their data. You may also provide sign-up sheets for attendees who may request for additional information.